New Models Available for Order in Glasgow, KY
2018 Yamaha F25 Portable - 15" Shaft
Call for Price
Yamaha’s high-powered portables are redefining the expectations for portable horsepower, from the F15 and F20 to the outstanding, new F25. Their single-overhead-camshaft, two-cylinder designs create power to weight that’s not only eye-opening—but in the case of the F25, it’s also class-leading and category jumping. In fact, the four-stroke 25 hp, previously a midrange outboard, is now so light, it’s jumped to our portable family. Like its new F15 and F20 siblings, the F25 has taken on signature portable advantages like an oil-retention system for leak-free, on-side storage capability, carry handles and resting pads. So whether you’re headed duck hunting with a jon boat or on the way to a lake cottage and your 14-foot aluminum boat, your Yamaha portable’s ready to go.
- Efficient Power: The F25, F20 and F15 all feature a two-valve-per-cylinder, single-overhead-camshaft design that provides better breathing and more power.
- Optimum Performance: An optimally balanced crankshaft and labyrinth exhaust deliver smooth power, while Microcomputer Ignition adjusts timing to maintain maximum engine performance, economy and power under all conditions
- Streamlined Intake: An intake silencer and manifold on the F20 and F15 result in more direct airflow, for minimum noise and maximum power.
- Responsive Acceleration: An acceleration pump on the F20 and F15 gives the engine the fuel it needs--when it needs it--like during rapid throttle advance. This ensures responsive acceleration.
- Optimal Operation: CDI Microcomputer Ignition monitors throttle position, engine speed and atmospheric conditions in order to precisely adjust ignition timing under all conditions for optimum ignition performance, ensuring smooth and reliable operation.
- Wet Sump: A pressurized oil delivery system incorporates a compact and durable oil pump to keep all of the moving parts of their SOHC systems lubricated and running smoothly for maximum reliability.
- Engine Warning System: Protects the outboard with a range of functions including: overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2000), over-rev protection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha Portable four-stroke outboards.
- Max Maneuverability: A 45-degree steering angle in each direction means great maneuvering potential.
- Easy Engine Flushing: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without running it, for added convenience and extended engine life.
- Portability and Storage: Incredible light weights, built-in resting pads and carry handles, an easy oil retention system and an optional folding tiller handle, allow for easy carrying and on-side storage without oil leakage or cowling scuffs.
- Our 432-cc 25-hp portable outboard sports a new, streamlined, portable design and class-leading power-to-weight. In fact, it’s the lightest 25-hp outboard on the water—two-stroke or four-stroke. While its streamlined design is 25 percent lighter, it still packs exciting features like battery-less EFI. Pull-start models can now take advantage of this feature, plus the system is designed with an automatic decompression device to require even less effort for manual starting.
- Available for remote mechanical or tiller-handle control
- Only 126 pounds (15” shaft model)
- Available in 15” and 20” shaft lengths
- Powerful 16-amp alternator
- Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®) is standard when equipped with new factory-equipped tiller handle or optional Multi-Function Tiller Handle, a Command Link® tachometer or dash mounted VTS switch
- Engine Type: 2 cyl
- Displacement: 432cc
- Bore x Stroke: 65 x 65.1mm (2.56 x 2.56 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 25 hp at 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 - 6000
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 16 amp
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight: 57kg (126 lb.)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- Engine Type
- 2 cyl.
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.56 x 2.56 in. (65 x 65.1mm)
- Shaft Length
- 15 in.
- 126 lb. (57 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 25 hp at 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000 - 6000 rpm
- Fuel Induction
- 16 amp